Subject: Re: HOT! READ For OpelGL Used By NewTek At NAB
From: [email-masked]
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 19:07:18 -0700

>
>>>What was the demo machine?
>>
>>
>>The system was a DeskStation Raptor Reflex.  The OpenGl Card was the >>Dynamic Picture Card (model V192).  The speed of the computer was >>probably 333 Mhz (although there where 366, and even a prototype 500 Mhz >>Raptor's at the show.  
>
>I thought for sure that the machine for the main Lightwave demos at
>the booth was a TDZ machine from Intergraph. The deskstation machine
>was on the other side of the booth.
>
>Dave Paige
>Alfheim Imaging
>[email-masked]

It was the Intergraph machine. It was standing on its edge and had
a big fancy "Z" logo on it. In fact just before Peebler started his
demo, another Newtekker reached behind the desk and pulled out
a small "Intergraph" logo card and set it in front of the machine,
probably, I thought, to indicate what machine was driving the demo.
That sign was taken away when they did Flyer/Toaster demos with the
Amiga 4000 Tower which was under the same desk, right next to
the Intergraph machine.

I recognized the TDZ box since Intergraph has been buying
a lot of full page color ads for it in all the computer graphics
mags this month. 

Harv                                       |  "Do you recognize the
[email-masked]                        |  Bell of Truth when you
http://www.portal.com/~harv                |  hear it ring?"
R.I.P. eWorld (1995-96)                    |  - Leon Russell